1.02.2011

....and here we go!

2011 is off to a great start. stayed in bed till about 1 pm on saturday, which was a real treat, gotta admit. hadn't done that since my days as a high school drop-out.

after a wholesome brunch at igloo diner, i did a little "spring" cleaning and got rid of some clutter that had politely taken up space in my room over the last year. i finally found that birthday card i was going to send to someone. as well as the chocolates attached to it, of which i quickly disposed of into my stomach.

and then i tackled the darkness that lurks beneath my bed. a treasure trove of things that aren't necessarily treasures have found there way below and jammed themselves into any space available. this needed some heavy-duty cleaning. a box of nerds and glass of riesling later, i had managed to crawl 3/4 of the way through. and tucked in the very back of the abyss, i found a little box. and in that box, shoved in the deepest corner was hope - a little birdie told me that 2011 is going to be an amazing year for me, both financially and romantically. and supposedly my artistic endeavors are really going to soar. as in, finally happen. this year.

2011.

so i took that box filled with hope and placed it on my freshly cleaned desk and there it stays as a reminder. that what i thought was lost and gone and a complete joke-of-a-dream was really here all along. granted, it was hiding behind my "star wars: pop-up guide to the galaxy" underneath my bed, but it was there nonetheless.

and so i go on, day by day, taking my daily breath (read previous post!!!) and feeling good about this one. i'm coming from such a low point in my life right now that i really think it can only go up from here. we really do fall just so we can learn to get up. and so (warning: boring metaphor ahead) this year i will learn to stand and stand proudly, with head held high.

so thank god i did some cleaning, otherwise that box would continue to collect dust and remain forever lost in the darkness. 

and i wouldn't have seen that amazing pop-up of darth vader again. bonus!

No comments:

Post a Comment